I am virologist at Dalhousie University and the IWK Health Centre in Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada. I hold an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics and am cross-appointed to the Department of Microbiology and Immunology. Furthermore, I am also a member of the Canadian Centre for Vaccinology at IWK where I contribute to the Vaccine Discovery and Vaccine Evaluation Working Groups.
Awards & Honours
- My work was featured on TWIV This Week In Virology with Vincent Racaniello. TWiV 363: Eat flu and dyad.
- My work was featured on the Virology Blog. All about viruses and disease. Influenza virus in breast milk.
- My work was featured on the Science Podcast The Naked Scientists. BBC Radio 5.9 October 2015. University of Cambridge. Flu breast infection.
- Article chosen for the 'Essential Collection: Virology Editors’ Selection 2013'. 2013 Pandemic H1N1 influenza A directly induces a robust and acute inflammatory gene signature in primary human bronchial epithelial cells downstream of membrane fusion.
- Highlighted Article in 'Virology,' January 2014. 2014 Pandemic H1N1 influenza A directly induces a robust and acute inflammatory gene signature in primary human bronchial epithelial cells downstream of membrane fusion.
- Dorothy Price Prize recipient, Immunology Master Class 2006 from the Irish Society of Immunology.
- Overseas Research Studentship (ORS) recipient, 2004-2007. British Federal Government, UK.
- Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences PhD Studentship recipient, 2003-2006. Queen's University, Belfast, UK.
- Poster Prize, 2005 American Society of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, ASBMB FASEB Experimental Biology Conference, San Diego, USA.
- Ontario Government Studentship in Science and Technology (OGSST), 2003. Ontario Provincial Government, Canada.
- Life Science Award, 2003. Department of Immunology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada.
- Dean’s Honor List, 1999-2003. Western University, London, Canada.
- Entrance Scholarship, 1999. Western University, London, Canada.
- Honours BSc (Western University)
- PhD (Queen’s University, Belfast)
- PDF (University Health Network & IDR)
- CIHR College of Reviewers
- Canadian Society for Virology
- American Society for Virology
- American Society for Microbiology